COVID-19 spread is emotionally challenging for many people, changing day-to-day life in unprecedented ways. Stay-at-home orders, quarantines, and shelter-in-place restrictions have changed the economy and the face of productivity. Dominating headlines worldwide is now the discussion of when businesses will reopen and employees can return to work. Meanwhile States are easing or phasing out their stay-at-home orders. Nonessential businesses will begin to reopen and their employees will return to work. Many essential businesses that have continued to operate likely will see an increase in the number of employees returning to the workplace.
ServiceNow, is working to make getting back to the workplace, work for everyone. It has designed to help you manage the essential steps for returning your employees to the workplace and supporting their health and safety.
ServiceNow is providing a platform to manage employee health and workplace safety. And helping to simplify the complex workflows involved with returning to the workplace. Safe Workplace apps and dashboards help you manage essential needs and services for reopening. Available now and powered by the Now Platform.
“Let’s get the world healthy, safe, and back to the workplace,” said Bill McDermott, ServiceNow CEO. The ServiceNow Safe Workplace app suite and dashboard are engineered to make returning to the workplace work for everyone.
About ServiceNow Safe Workplace Apps and Dashboard:
ServiceNow has expanded its employee workflow portfolio with the ServiceNow Safe Workplace app suite. Powered by the Now Platform, the suite includes four new apps and a dashboard that helps companies assess both their workforce and workplace readiness as they prepare for employees to return to the workplace.
“In the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic, business transformation is happening before our eyes and organizations are relying on technology to enable employees and digitize processes,” said Josh Bersin, Global Industry Analyst and Dean of the Josh Bersin Academy.
“ServiceNow’s Safe Workplace app suite is exactly the kind of solution organizations need to effectively manage the return to the workplace and optimize the employee experience.”
To support companies’ workforce readiness efforts led by Human Resources, IT, Legal and Workplace Services departments, ServiceNow has released the following apps:
Employee Readiness Surveys:
- As employees return to work, employers will need to keep the mental health of employees in mind
- This app helps organizations gauge their workforce’s level of preparedness to return to the workplace by presenting and capturing employee responses to a series of questions that address employees’ personal readiness for and level of interest in returning to the workplace.
- Based on employee responses, employers can determine the necessary and appropriate steps to help ensure a smooth and safe re-entry for employees.
Employee Health Screening:
- Returning to the workplace is not without risk and hence health screening performs a significant role in maintaining safety.
- It enables companies to screen employees before entering the workplace to ensure compliance with entry requirements such as temperature check and personal protective equipment (PPE) allowing employers to determine if it’s safe for the employee to enter the workplace.
- The app also provides a reporting dashboard to view trends by sites and record the return of employees into their facilities.
ServiceNow also released two new apps to support companies’ preparedness to bring employees back to the workplace:
Workplace Safety Management:
- Many states have or can be expected to impose significant obligations on employers to ensure that their workplaces remain safe and that the risk of COVID-19 transmission is minimized
- It allows facilities and workplace services managers to quickly configure clean and hygienic, socially distanced workspaces so that employees can safely return to the workplace.
- The app lets managers assign shifts so that employees occupy these workspaces for a specific amount of time and configure cleaning schedules at the end of each shift.
- Out of the box reports and dashboards give managers a real-time view of both workspace reservations and reservation thresholds across floors, buildings, and sites. Workplace managers also have a real-time view of all cleaning task status, including a full audit trail history.
Workplace PPE Inventory Management:
- This Helps organizations manage and monitor their PPE inventory needs to ensure the physical safety of their workforce.
- The app’s dashboard provides a comprehensive view of inventory by the facility, as well as an aggregate look at the entire workplace and historical data on how equipment levels have changed over time.
- Inventory levels can be updated daily for accurate, real-time inventory management.
Using the power of the Now Platform, ServiceNow pulls together all of the data collected by these apps into a single view with its Safe Workplace Dashboard.
Available at no charge, the dashboard provides visualizations for data collected by these apps, and will be overlaid with a map using aggregated public data on infection rates. This enables organizations to see what infections look like geographically and drill down into specific workplace locations. Sites are marked with indicators flagging a company’s ability to open and remain open based on workforce and workplace readiness.
Organizations that are digitally transformed with digital workflows in place will be better enabled to get back to work more efficiently, productively, and safely. ServiceNow is committed to helping its customers manage through this pandemic and make going back to the workplace work for everyone.